Thousands of UK restaurants could be at risk of going out of business as the sharp fall in the value of the pound since the Brexit vote raises costs for imported food and threatens to squeeze consumer spending.
30,000 nurses left UK NHS (last year) and they recruited 3,000.
NHS ‘haemorrhaging’ nurses
The NHS is “haemorrhaging” nurses with one in 10 now leaving the NHS in England each year, figures show.
More than 33,000 walked away last year, piling pressure on understaffed hospitals and community services.
The figures – provided to the BBC by NHS Digital – represent a rise of 20% since 2012-13, and mean there are now more leavers than joiners.
Nurse leaders said it was a “dangerous and downward spiral”, but NHS bosses said the problem was being tackled.
‘Doing a great job’ (destroying our Country…like Thatcher did !)
The figures have been compiled as part of an in-depth look at nursing by the BBC.
We can reveal:
- More than 10% of the nursing workforce have left NHS employment in each of the past three years
- The number of leavers would be enough to staff more than 20 average-sized hospital trusts
- More than half of those who walked away in the last year were under the age of 40
- Leavers outnumbered joiners by 3,000 last year, the biggest gap over the five-year period examined by the BBC
- Brexit may have had an impact. Since the referendum the NHS has gone from EU joiners outnumbering leavers to the reverse – more leavers than joiners
- Nurses are being pulled off research work, special projects and admin roles to plug the gaps
SEE HOW STUPID THIS ALL IS FROM THE IDIOT TORIES