Eagles of Death Metal singer suggests absent venue security was aware of Paris terror attacks
Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes suggested the security detail at the Bataclan was in on the Paris terrorist attacks last November during an interview with Fox Business Network.
Hughes said he felt something was amiss when he first arrived at the venue and noted the security guard for the backstage area didn’t look at him. “I immediately went to the promoter and said, ‘Who’s that guy? I want to put another dude on,'” Hughes claimed. “And he goes, ‘Well some of the other guards aren’t here yet,’ and eventually I found out that six or so wouldn’t show up at all.”
When asked why the guards didn’t arrive, Hughes did not make an official statement “out of respect for the police investigating.” But he continued, “It seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up.”
The first part of Hughes’ interview on Kennedy aired Wednesday, while part two airs tonight, Thursday March 10th, at 8 p.m. ET.
Eighty-nine people were killed during Eagles of Death Metal’s show at the Bataclan in Paris on November 13th, 2015, including the band’s merch manager, Nick Alexander. While the group returned to Europe last month to finish their Nos Amis tour, they were forced to cancel a handful of dates after Hughes suffered a hand injury. Still, Eagles of Death Metal were able to return to Paris, where they played a triumphant, but poignant, set with co-founder Josh Homme on drums.
While the overwhelming majority of the statements from Hughes and the rest of Eagles of Death Metal about the Paris attacks have been sympathetic, heartfelt and pained, the frontman has gotten political on the subject prior to his Kennedy interview. Upon the band’s return to Paris, Hughes gave an emotional interview with French TV channel, iTélé, in which he slammed the country’s strict gun control laws.
“Did your French gun control stop a single person from dying at the Bataclan?” He said. “If anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it, because I don’t think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I’ve ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms.”
French police chief committed suicide after Charlie Hebdo attack
Limoges deputy director of regional judicial police committed suicide hours after being tasked with investigating the family of one of the Charlie Hebdo victims
A high-ranking judicial police chief in Limoges committed suicide last Wednesday hours after being asked to file a report on the Charlie Hebdo killings, it has emerged.
Helric Fredou, 45, the deputy director of the regional judicial police in Limoges turned his gun on himself last Wednesday night, hours after Cherif and Said Kouachi killed 12 people in an Islamist rampage, including two policemen.
He had been tasked with investigating the family of one of the victims, but died before handing in the report.
He had reportedly interviewed families of Charlie Hebdo victims in the hours after the attack.It is not known if his decision to commit suicide has any link to the Charlie Hebdo killings.
NOTHING SUSPICIOUS GOING ON HERE, AFTER ALL SENIOR CAREER POLICE KILL THEMSELVES EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK DONT THEY ?