speculations about Ryanair?

The involvement of Ryanair at Hahn Airport is again in the public focus: According to a report to the Irish in summer 14 delete targets . Airport and airline contradict each other in the comment.

A Ryanair plane at the Hahn airport.  - © dpa - Thomas Frey
A Ryanair plane at the Hahn airport.© dpa / Thomas Frey

According to a report by the ” SWR “, Hahn Airport is losing a third of its supply this summer, citing data from a citizens’ initiative. The previously communicated flight plan also shows that only low-cost Ryanair no longer flies to 14 destinations from Hunsrück Airport, according to the initiative.

Ryanair announces on request from airliners.de: “Our summer timetable 2019 for Frankfurt Hahn Airport has been completed and is available on the Ryanair.com website,” said Marketing Director Robin Kiely.

Airport CEO Christoph Götzmann points out that so far not the complete summer offer has been communicated: “Flight planning is currently still at a very early stage.” Against this background, I can not comment on the content of the report. “

Ryanair is the main customer at the tap

According to the report, the number of weekly frequencies would drop from 120 to 70. It is unclear, however, whether this concerns only the Ryanair flights. Because at the cock operates in the passenger business even low-cost competitor Wizz Air.Kapazitäten am HahnRyanairWizz AirGrafik: airliners.de

The graph shows the distribution of seating capacities offered at the Hahn in the current flight schedule.Source: ch-aviation

Discussions about the future of main client Ryanair at Hahn have been around for a long time. For in the spring of last year, the Irish opened a base not even 90 kilometers away Lufthansa hub Frankfurt. A deduction on Hunsrück they recently closed, however .

Freight area is growing

The freight and passenger business in the Hunsrück, meanwhile, continues to develop in opposite directions. From January to October 2018, cargo jumped 42.0 percent year-on-year to 67,008 tons, according to the latest statistics from the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Verkehrsflughäfen (ADV). At the same time, the number of passengers fell by 14.1 percent to 1,858,415 passengers.

ThemeAirport Hahn

All news »

The state of Rhineland-Palatinate had sold its 82.5 percent stake in the remote airport in 2017 to the Chinese conglomerate HNA. Hesse still holds the remaining 17.5 percent.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.