PARIS — Pele remains in a Paris hospital two days after he was admitted with a urinary infection, his spokesman said.
Pepito Fornos told The Associated Press that the three-time World Cup champion was still hospitalized despite an initial prediction he would be released Friday.
Pele’s social media channels posted a message from the 78-year old earlier in the day thanking his fans for their support.
“The antibiotics are working and the tests are all positive,” he wrote. “I feel so much better, I think I’m ready to play again!”
Brazilian daily O Estado de S. Paulo reported that Pele is preparing to return to Brazil to continue treatment at the Albert Einstein hospital, but Fornos did not confirm that information.
Pele, admitted on Wednesday, has been hospitalized frequently in the last few years with kidney and prostate issues.