We don’t need no education (we re English) we don’t need no thought control
Truck tailbacks stretch 20 MILES at Dover: Thousands of lorries queue for ferries as ports in UK and Calais are paralysed by shipping container crisis
By Martin Robinson and Mark Duell for MailOnline12:19 18 Dec 2020, updated 18:43 18 Dec 2020
- A container of goods from China to Felixstowe is now at $10,000 (£7,500) per load – four times the usual rate
- British Toy and Hobby Association (BTHA) and the British Retail Consortium (BRC) say Government must act
- They claim containers of toys and good are stuck in log-jam with PPE in particular clogging up UK ports
- Cost of a container of goods from Qingdao, China to Felixstowe, Suffolk is now at $10,000 (£7,500) per load
- A tidal wave of trucks now believed to be at 12,000 per day or more is crossing Channel – up 2,000 per day
- The delays at container ports means many hauliers are switching to using ferries and the Channel Tunnel
Queues at Dover reached 20 miles today with long traffic jams in Calais through the night as thousands of lorries – many full of Christmas gifts and food – tried to cross the Channel amid chaos at Britain’s container ports.
Extraordinary photographs taken from above the M20 in Kent showed how vehicles were bumper-to-bumper amid claims businesses are stockpiling in case of a No Deal Brexit at the end of the month.
Retailers say items they ordered in August for Christmas have still not arrived in Britain because of shipping chaos caused by Covid-19 in China and problems unloading in the UK seeing containers dumped in Zeebrugge, Belgium.
UK firms are haemorrhaging £1million or more because shipments have been delayed and quadrupled in price with the cost of moving a container from Qingdao, China, to the UK now at £7,500 per load – up from £2,000.
British (in) efficiency
Look we’ve repelled all ‘invaders’ (except the Empire strikes back ones) the Bosch,la Spanish and the Froggies.We ain’t changing nothing for no one! This ladies not for turning! Have a plate of mad cow roast beef………stick your European unity where the sun don’t shine (not my view incidentally)
only 500 million views……(below)
What does a brick in the wall mean?According to the band, the “wall” is the self-isolating barrier we build over the course of our lives, and the “bricks in the wall” are the people and events that turn us inward and away from others.” Pink Floyd created a movie called “The Wall” released in 1982 which features the character, Pink who is a troubled rock star…..