A man accused of killing an 18-month-old boy by throwing him from a fifth-floor balcony in Russia has been arrested.
Aleksey Levchenko, 42, reportedly confessed to throwing the child because he ‘had grown annoyed with his crying’. He faces a life sentence if convicted of the murder.
The child was found dead with his head wrapped in a plastic bag soon after being left with Levchenko in his apartment in the western city of Kirov.
- Aleksey Levchenko, 42, reportedly confessed to the murder of the young child
- Police said Levchenko ‘had grown annoyed with his crying’ at a May 11 party
- The boy’s mother and another woman had come to drink in Levchenko’s flat
- When they ran out of alcohol, they went to buy more, leaving him with the child
- He first put a plastic bag over the little boy’s head to stop him crying, police said
- Levchenko faces life in prison if convicted of the 18-month-old’s murder