What’s the point of wasting money on terraforming Mars while we already have a planet to live on?
The primary reason for space colonization is the long-term survival of human civilization. Let’s suppose, Earth is destroyed, where will we go then? So we need to have a base on any other habitable planet or moon.
Due to the increasing population, we’re running out of resources. While resources in space, both in materials and energy, are enormous. The Solar System alone has enough material and energy to support us anywhere, mostly from the Sun itself.
Importance of Space Colonization:
- First of all, it’s human nature to go beyond. To know the unknown and
explore new wonders of the Universe.
- We should colonize other habitable planets due to the increasing population and lack of resources on Earth.
- To ensure the survival of the human civilization in the case of Planetary disaster.
- To save the environment of Earth by moving people and industry into space.
- Climate change is already at its peak, the way we’ve damaged the Earth is too much this time, we can hardly reverse this destruction.
- The Himalayan glaciers are melting and Arctic glaciers are also melting at an alarming rate which gives rise to sea level.
- Greenland’s glaciers are melting even in winter. “It’s a very high level of melting and it will probably change the face of Greenland because it will be a very strong driver for an acceleration of future melting, and therefore sea-level rise,” Scientist at NASA said.
- The ozone layer is depleting badly which is giving rise to venomous diseases.
- Historic fires in the region of Amazon were destructive. Even the fires of 2022 was worst than in 2019.
- Wildfires in Turkey in 2021, horrible Greece fire in 2021, at Australia in 2020, at California in 2020, after all this can you imagine the destruction we’ve done??
- So for the survival of humans, we’ve to colonize space. The availability of additional resources in space could enable the expansion of human society.
- In the medical field, plenty of treatments have been developed due to space colonization.
What if a huge asteroid hits the Earth and extinct us all? It has happened before,which is one of the reasons for the extinction of dinosaurs.
Benefits of Space Explorations:
In Field of Medical:
Astronauts who were suffering from back pain experimented in space. Science Experiments performed on astronauts in space improved our understanding of medical conditions on Earth. This research has produced findings that can help people suffering from cardiovascular disorders, Type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and balance problems.
The data that satellites provide us about how our planet is changing is invaluable, they make climate projections and develop innovative solutions to better adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Satellites help us to save ourselves by gathering data that can be used to predict natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods etc.
The biggest benefit of space explorations is that the data collected by space probes, telescopes, and rovers are challenging us. In the last decades, we learned that the number of planets, stars, and galaxies in the universe is much higher than our expectations.
Space exploration fuels our children’s curiosity and imaginations. Curiosity is a driving fuel which allow them to learn and grow. Role models like astronauts inspire students to dream, and to achieve their goals.
Due to space explorations, people are getting new opportunities of scientific and technical jobs.
That is why we should colonize space or what’s the point of being here on Earth when there are trillions of planets in the Universe?